Show the love with recipes perfect for Valentine’s Day
It’s that time of year again - shops are filled with red hearts, and everywhere you turn there are encouragements to show your love. If you’re stuck for ideas of how to make this year special, why not treat someone in your life to a lovingly cooked dinner at home?
We’ve pulled together some of our favourite pork recipes so that you can enjoy a romantic night in together. Grab a bottle of wine and enjoy a candlelit dinner in the comfort of your own home. Nothing says “I love you” quite like a thoughtfully prepared meal for your loved one.
Pork from Wales Steaks with creamy pepper and mushroom sauce
Cooking Time: Approximately 10 minutes
- 2 lean pork from Wales loin steaks
- 5ml (1tsp) mixed peppercorns, crushed
- 15ml (1tbsp) oil
- 1 clove garlic, crushed
- 100g (4ozs) mixed mushrooms
- 75ml (5tbsp) crème fraîche
- 15ml (1tbsp) fresh basil, roughly torn
- 15ml (1tbsp) fresh dill, roughly torn
- Crush peppercorns and coat the steaks.
- In a griddle or frying pan, heat and cook pork steaks for 2-4 minutes.
- Add garlic and mushrooms and cook for a further 4-5 minutes.
- Add crème fraîche, basil and dill to the pan. Heat gently for 1-2 minutes.
- Serve with sautéed spinach and potatoes.
Spiced Red Coconut Curry
Cooking time: About 10 minutes
- 225g (8oz) Pork tenderloin fillet cut into thin slices
- 5ml (1tsp) oil
- 30ml (2tbsp) red Thai curry paste
- 200ml can coconut milk
- 10ml (2tsp) soy sauce
- 50g (2oz) tender-stem broccoli
- 2 Pak Choi bulbs, sliced
- 4 Spring onions, sliced
- 50g (2oz) salted peanuts
- 1 Lime, juice and rind removed and used
- Fresh coriander leaves to serve
- Rice noodles
- Heat oil in a large non-stick saucepan or wok. Add the pork and brown.
- Add red Thai curry paste and stir well to coat the meat.
- Add the coconut milk and soy and simmer for 5-6 minutes until meat is tender.
- Add the broccoli and pak choi and cook for 1-2 minutes.
- Add the remaining ingredients and serve with rice noodles tossed together with finely chopped chilies, spring onions & lime rind.