Chunky Pork Chops with Rarebit Topping and Skinny Fries
Cooking time: About 40 minutes
- 4 Thick chunky pork chops
- 1 Whole garlic bulb, cut in half
- 45ml (3tbsp) Olive oil
- 4 Fresh sage leaves, roughly chopped
- 2 Large potatoes, cut into ‘skinny fries’
- 15ml (1tbsp) Olive oil
- 15ml (1tbsp) Dijon mustard
- 100g (4oz) Mature cheddar cheese, grated
- 75ml (5tbsp) Beer
- 5ml (1tsp) Honey
- Preheat oven to Gas 4, 180ᵒC, 350ᵒF.
- Place the pork chops, garlic, seasoning, olive oil and sage into a large baking pan, mix together to combine all ingredients and then arrange in a single layer over the pan so that they cook evenly.
- Place fries onto a parchment lined tray, drizzle with oil and arrange in a single layer to cook.
- Place in the preheated oven for about 40 minutes until chops are cooked through and golden and remove fries when crisp and golden.
- Mix all the ingredients together for the Welsh rarebit.
- Spoon the rarebit onto the chops and return to the oven to melt the topping for about 5-10 minutes.
- Serve with skinny fries and lightly steamed asparagus or French beans for dipping.