Mango and Orange Spare Ribs with Chunky Vegetable Wedges
Serves: 4-6 | Cooking Time: 2 hours
- 1.8kg (4lb) porc spare ribs
- 30ml (2 tbsp) mango chutney
- 5ml (1 tsp) Chinese five spice
- 450ml (¾ pt) mango and orange juice
- 1 fresh mango, cut into wedges around the stone
For the vegetable wedges:
- 1 celeriac, peeled and cut into chunky chips
- 3 sweet potatoes, peeled and cut into chunky chips
- 3 carrots, peeled and cut into chunky chips
- 30ml (2 tbsp) vegetable oil
- Pre-heat your oven to Gas 4/180˚C/350˚F.
- Line a roasting pan with a double layer of foil and place the ribs on top.
- Next, mix together the mango chutney, five spices, mango and orange juice, and then pour this over the ribs.
- Now, scrunch the foil loosely around the ribs, cover with a second piece of foil and cook for about 1½ hours, or until the meat is tender and soft. Once the meat is soft and tender remove the foil and cook for a further 30 minutes.
- With the ribs cooking, place all the vegetables in a separate roasting pan, in a single layer, and drizzle with olive oil. Once the vegetables have been drizzled with oil, cook them in the oven for approx. 45-60 minutes or until tender and golden.
- Having cooked the ribs, remove them from the oven, drain off the juice and pour into a small pan – fast simmer for about 10 minutes or until it has reduced slightly.
- Pile the ribs onto a sharing platter and drizzle with the sauce and serve with the vegetable wedges.