Maple Bacon Brownies
- 100g streaky bacon (thin rashers, finely chopped)
- 2tbsp maple syrup
- 150g soft unsalted butter
- 200g soft light brown sugar
- 50g golden caster sugar
- 75g cocoa powder
- 150g plain flour
- 1tsp bicarbonate of soda
- 4 large eggs (beaten)
- 150g chopped dark chocolate chips
Serves: 12 | Cooking Time: About 40 minutes
- Line and grease a sqaure 10” baking tin.
- Preheat the oven to 190°C.
- Heat a non stick frying pan and when warm, add the streaky bacon and cook, stirring until the bacon starts to crisp.
- Add the maple syrup, stirring the mixture again to combine. Transfer the bacon mixture to bowl for later.
- Over a gentle heat, melt the butter in a saucepan.
- Once melted, add the sugars, stirring with a wooden spoon.
- Remove the pan from the heat and add the cocoa powder, flour, bicarbonate of soda and stir.
- Add the beaten eggs and stir again.
- Add the chopped dark chocolate and the bacon mixture. Fold the mixture together until evenly combined, then add to the baking tin.
- Cook in centre of the oven for 25 minutes. Once cooked, remove the tin from the oven, place on a rack to cool.
- Cut the warm brownies into squares and serve with ice-cream.
DOWNLOAD THE RECIPE CARD HERE