Oriental Style Pork Stir Fry
Cooking time: About 10 minutes
- 450g (1lb) Pork leg steaks, cut into thin strips
- 15ml (1tbsp) Oil
- 5ml (1tsp) Sesame oil
- 2 Cloves garlic, crushed
- 2.5cm (1 inch) Root ginger, peeled and grated
- 45ml (3tbsp) Soy sauce
- 15ml (1tbsp) Mango chutney
- 1 Red chilli, deseeded and thinly sliced
- 1 Lime, rind and juice removed and used
- 200g Pack ready cooked rice
- 2 Carrots, peeled and cut into thin sticks
- 50g (2oz) Mange tout or sugar snap peas, sliced
- 50g (2oz) Broccoli, cut into small florets
- 50g (2oz) Beansprouts
- 4 Spring onions, finely sliced
- 30ml (2tbsp) Sesame seeds
- Heat oils in a large non-stick frying pan or wok. Add the pork strips, garlic and ginger
- Cook for 4-5 minutes until meat is browned on all sides and cooked through.
- Add the soy sauce, mango chutney, chilli, lime juice and rind and stir until the sauce reduces slightly. Add the rice and coat well. Add the carrots, mange tout and broccoli and cook for 2-3 minutes.
- Remove from heat add beansprouts, spring onions and sesame seeds. Lightly toss and serve.