Porc, Pistachio and Mango Pâté
Makes: 4 x 200g small jars | Cooking Time: about 30 minutes + 2-4 hours chilling time
- 225g (8 oz) pig's liver, washed, dried and cut into small pieces
- 225g (8 oz) lean porc mince
- 12g (1/2 oz) butter
- 15ml (1 tbsp) olive oil
- 1 onion, roughly chopped
- 2 cloves garlic, chopped
- 4 fresh sage leaves, roughly chopped
- 30ml (2 tbsp) sherry
- 30ml (2 tbsp) mango chutney
- 45ml (3 tbsp) crème fraîche
For the topping:
- 60ml (4 tbsp) mango chutney
- 25g (1 oz) shelled pistachio nuts, roughly chopped
- Heat butter and oil in a pan. Add onion and garlic and lightly cook. Add the liver, porc mince and sage and cook until the meat has totally browned and cooked through, about 4-5 minutes. Add the sherry and allow to bubble to burn alcohol off.
- Season, add the mango chutney and allow mixture to cool.
- Add the crème fraiche and place in a food processor. Blend until smooth. Spoon pâté into small dishes or ramekins and smooth the top.
- Heat the mango chutney for about 1 minute in the microwave to warm and soften.
- Sprinkle the top of the pâté with the chopped nuts and then spoon over the mango chutney to create a thin layer.
- Cover and place in the fridge and chill for about 2-4 hours until pâté has set and is cooled through.
- Serve spooned onto toasted rye bread.
DOWNLOAD RECIPE HERE