Porc, Black Bean and Orange Salad
Serves: 4-6 | Cooking Time: 1 hour + marinating
- 700g (1½ lbs) porc belly slices, rind and excess fat removed
- 30ml (2 tbsp) orange rindless marmalade
- 30ml (2 tbsp) soy sauce
- 45ml (3 tbsp) orange juice
- 60ml (4 tbsp) black bean sauce
- 2 star anise
- 3 Chinese leaves, roughly shredded
- ½ little gem lettuce, roughly shredded
- 50g (2 oz) beansprouts
- 3 spring onions, thinly sliced
- handful fresh coriander leaves
- 1 large orange, peel removed and cut into segments
- Preheat oven to Gas 5/190ᵒC/375ᵒF.
- Mix together in a large bowl the marmalade, soy, orange juice, black bean sauce and star anise.
- Add the belly slices and coat in the juice. Cover and marinate in the fridge for about 1 hour.
- Remove the belly slices from the marinade and place in an oven pan, cover with foil and cook for about 50 – 60 minutes, turning and basting occasionally.
- Allow belly to cool slightly and then cut into chunks.
- Serve on a bed of Chinese leaf, lettuce, beansprouts, spring onions, fresh coriander leaves and orange segments. Serve drizzled with the warm cooking juices.