Pork, Black Bean and Orange Salad
Cooking time: About 1 hour + 1 hour marinating time
- 700g (1½lbs) Pork belly slices, rind and excess fat removed
- 30ml (2tbsp) Orange rindless marmalade
- 30ml (2tbsp) Soy sauce
- 45ml (3tbsp) Orange juice
- 60ml (4tbsp) Black bean sauce
- 2 Star anise
- 3 Chinese leaves, roughly shredded
- ½ Little gem lettuce, roughly shredded
- 50g (2oz) Beansprouts
- 3 Spring onions, thinly sliced
- Handful Fresh coriander leaves
- 1 Large orange, peel removed and cut into segments
Preheat oven to Gas 5, 190ᵒC, 375ᵒF
- Mix together in a large bowl the marmalade, soy, orange juice, black bean sauce and star anise.
- Add the belly slices and coat in the juice. Cover and marinate in the fridge for about 1 hour.
- Remove the belly slices from the marinade and place in an oven pan, cover with foil and cook for about 50 – 60 minutes turning and basting occasionally.
- Allow belly to cool slightly and then cut into chunks.
- Serve on a bed of Chinese leaf, lettuce, beansprouts, spring onions, fresh coriander leaves and orange segments. Serve drizzled with the warm cooking juices.