Porc Chops or Loin Steaks Pan Cooked with Black Bean and Plum Sauce
Serves: 2 | Cooking Time: 15 minutes
- 2 lean porc chops or loin steaks
- 15ml (1 tbsp) vegetable oil
- 1 small red onion, thinly sliced
- 2 cloves garlic, peeled and crushed
- 2.5cm (1") root ginger, peeled and grated
- 3 ripe plums, stones removed and cut into quarters
- 75ml (5 tbsp) black bean sauce
- 60ml (4 tbsp) orange juice
- 8-10 black seedless grapes, cut in half
- 5ml (1 tsp) vegetable oil
- 15ml (1 tbsp) sesame oil
- large handful spring cabbage, thinly shredded
- 2 pak choi heads, sliced
- Heat 1 tablespoon of vegetable oil in a large wok or frying pan and add the onion, garlic, ginger and steaks. Cook for 2-3 minutes until the meat has browned and the onions have begun to soften.
- With the porc browning, add the plums, black bean sauce, orange juice and grapes. Now mix together well, cover with a lid and simmer for about 10 minutes.
- Next, take a separate deep pan or wok, heat 1 teaspoon of vegetable oil and 1 tablespoon of sesame oil and stir-fry the vegetables for 3-4 minutes.
- Serve with crispy noodles, stir-fry vegetables topped with steak and drizzled with sauce.