Porc, Pepper and Goat's Cheese Lattice Tart
Serves: 6-8 | Cooking Time: 45 minutes
- 225g (8 oz) porc tenderloin fillet, cut into small cubes
- 2 rashers dry cured premium smoked back bacon, chopped
- 500g shortcrust pastry
- 100g (4 oz) jar of grilled sweet peppers, drained and roughly chopped
- 1 eating apple, cored and sliced
- 100g (4 oz) goat’s cheese
- Preheat oven to Gas 6/200ᵒC/400ᵒF.
- Roll out two thirds of the pastry and line the bottom and sides of a 24cm fluted flan tin.
- Spread the porc and bacon onto the pastry base. Add the peppers, apple and spoon on the goat's cheese in rough blobs.
- Roll out the remaining pastry; to make the lattice, cut into strips about 10 x 1cm strips.
- Cover the pie with the pastry strips in a lattice pattern and press at the strip edges. Brush with egg and milk glaze.
- Place in a preheated oven and cook for about 30 minutes until crust is golden.
- Allow to cool slightly before slicing – this is delicious warm or cold.