Pork, Pepper & Goats Cheese Lattice Tart
Cooking time: About 30 minutes
- 225g (8oz) Pork tenderloin fillet, cut into small cubes
- 2 Rashers dry cured premium smoked back bacon, chopped
- 500g Shortcrust pastry
- 100g (4oz) Jar of grilled sweet peppers, drained & roughly chopped
- 1 Eating apple, cored and sliced
- 100g (4oz) Goat’s cheese
- Preheat oven to Gas 6, 200ᵒC, 400ᵒF.
- Roll out 2/3rds of the pastry and line the bottom and sides of a 24cm fluted flan tin.
- Spread the pork and bacon on the pastry base. Add the peppers, apple and spoon on the goats cheese in rough blobs.
- Roll out the remaining pastry to make the lattice and cut into strips about 10 x 1cm strips.
- Cover the pie with the pastry strips in a lattice pattern and press at the strip edges. Brush with egg and milk glaze.
- Place in a preheated oven and cook for about 30 minutes until crust is golden.
- Allow to cool slightly before slicing – delicious warm or cold.