Pork, Pistachio and Mango Pate
Serves: approx 4 x 200g small jars
Cooking time: About 30 minutes + 2-4 hours chilling time
- 225g (8oz) Pigs liver, washed, dried and cut into small pieces
- 225g (8oz) Lean pork mince
- 12g (1/2oz) Butter
- 15ml (1tbsp) Olive oil
- 1 Onion, roughly chopped
- 2 Cloves garlic, chopped
- 4 Fresh sage leaves, roughly chopped
- 30ml (2tbsp) Sherry
- 30ml (2tbsp) Mango chutney
- 45ml (3tbsp) Crème fraîche
- 60ml (4tbsp) Mango chutney
- 25g (1oz) Shelled pistachio nuts, roughly chopped
- Heat butter and oil in a pan. Add onion and garlic and lightly cook. Add the liver, pork mince and sage and cook until the meat has totally browned and cooked through, about 4-5 minutes. Add the sherry and allow to bubble to burn alcohol off.
- Season, add the mango chutney and allow mixture to cool.
- Add the crème fraiche and place in a food processor. Blend until smooth. Spoon pate into small dishes or ramekins and smooth the top.
- Heat the mango chutney for about 1 minute in the microwave to warm and soften.
- Sprinkle the top of the pate with the chopped nuts and then spoon over the mango chutney to create a thin layer.
- Cover and place in the fridge and chill for about 2-4 hours until pate has set & is cooled through.
- Serve spooned onto toasted rye bread.