Pork risotto with black pudding, leeks & peas
Time – 35 mins
Serves – 3 – 4
Ingredients 225g (8oz) pork tenderloin fillet cut into thin slices 15ml (1tbsp) olive oil 1 clove garlic, crushed 2 small leeks, washed and thinly sliced 225g (8oz) Arborio risotto rice Black pepper 750-900ml (1¼-1½pt) pork stock 75g (3oz) black pudding cut into small cubes 150g (5oz) frozen peas 15ml (1tbsp) fresh basil and mint, roughly chopped Grated Parmesan cheese
How to cook
- Heat a splash of oil in a large pan, then add in the pork slices, garlic and leeks and cook for around 2-3 minutes.
- Once the pork slices, garlic and leeks are browned, add the rice, season and stir together.
- With the ingredients thoroughly mixed together, add most of the hot stock and stir well – leave a little stock in reserve to help maintain the consistency of the risotto later on.
- Now allow the risotto to simmer for around 15-20 minutes without the lid on. You can add the extra stock if the risotto becomes too dry.
- Next, add the black pudding and peas and heat through.
- Scatter with fresh herbs and Parmesan, then serve.