Pork Spare Ribs with Stout and Maple Glaze
Cooking time: About 2 hours
- 1.8kg (4lbs) Pork spare ribs
- 60ml (4tbsp) Maple syrup
- 15ml (1tbsp) Soft brown sugar
- 500ml (1pt) Dark stout
- Preheat oven to Gas 5, 190ᵒC, 375ᵒF.
- Mix together the maple syrup, sugar and stout. Double line a deep roasting pan with foil. Place the ribs in the pan and pour over the stout mixture.
- Cover with a further piece of foil and cook in a preheated oven for about 1½ hours until meat is soft around the bone.
- Remove foil and cook uncovered for a further 20 - 30 minutes to reduce & slightly thicken the sauce.
- Serve the ribs in a mound, drizzled with sauce and a herby quinoa seed salad.