Suitable for slow cooking on the hob or in the oven. If oven cooked preheat the oven 180°C/ Gas Mark 5.
1. Heat the oil in a frying pan and fry the diced pork until browned. Remove.
2. In same pan fry the onions and garlic until lightly browned. Add the meat back into the pan.
3. Add the spice and stir for a few minutes, then add the tomatoes, stock, sultanas and apricots. Transfer into a lidded saucepan if simmering on the hob or into a lidded ovenproof dish if cooking in oven.
4. Cook for 1 ½ - 2 hours until meat is tender
5. Remove lid and add the couscous, chickpeas and orange. Continue to cook until all the liquid has been absorbed – approximately 20 minutes.
Serve sprinkled with chopped mint and flaked almonds.