Roast Loin of Porc with Oriental Stuffing
Serves: 4-6 | Cooking Time: 1½-2 hours
- 1kg (2.2lbs) lean porc leg or shoulder
For the stuffing:
- 4 porc sausages, skins split and sausagemeat removed (approximately 200g)
- 15ml (1 tbsp) honey
- 10ml (2 tsp) Chinese five spice
- 2 spring onions, sliced
- 1 plum, stoned and chopped
- 50g (2 oz) breadcrumbs
- Preheat the oven to 180ºC / 350ºF / Gas Mark 4-5. Weigh the joint and calculate the cooking time: 30 minutes per 450g / ½kg / 1lb, plus 30 minutes (for medium).
- Place all the ingredients for the stuffing into a large bowl and mix well together.
- Dry the outside of the meat and score deeply using a sharp knife.
- Carefully take the joint and make a deep large cut into the joint at the fattiest point of the meat. Push the stuffing into the cavity created – any stuffing left over can be made into balls and cooked around the joint for about 30 minutes.
- Sprinkle with oil and salt and rub into the fat. Place on a rack in a roasting tin and open roast in a preheated oven for the calculated time.
- Serve with mashed sweet potato and crispy fried pak choi.