Spiced Pork Rocket Kebabs with Autumn Fruits Relish
Makes: 6 skewers
Cooking time: About 30-40 minutes
- 450g (1lb) Pork leg or shoulder steaks, cubed
- 30ml (2tbsp) Olive oil
- 15ml (1tbsp) Harissa paste
- 4-6 Mini mixed coloured peppers, deseeded and cut into chunks
- 1 Small courgette cut into wedges Wooden skewers, soaked in water for half an hour
Autumn Fruits Relish:
- 5ml (1tsp) Oil
- 1 Red onion, peeled and finely sliced
- 1 Pear, peeled, cored and sliced
- 30ml (2tbsp) Red cherry jam or similar red jam
- 30ml (2tbsp) Water
- 150g (5oz) Blackberries, fresh or frozen
- Pinch chilli powder
- Handful redcurrants - optional
- Mix together the olive oil and harissa paste. Add the cubes of meat and smear with paste mixture. Leave to marinate for 30 minutes covered and in the fridge.
- Thread the pork cubes and peppers onto wooden skewers.
- Place under a preheated grill and cook for 10-15 minutes until meat is cooked through and browned, turning occasionally.
- Make Autumn Fruits Relish:
- Heat oil in a small pan, add onion and cook slowly until softened. Add remaining ingredients and cook for a further 5-10minutes stirring.
- Serve Rocket Kebabs with jacket potatoes topped with butter and a large dollop of fruity relish and steamed corn on the cob.