Spicy Baked Porc Meatballs with Arrabiata Sauce and Orzo Pasta
Serves: 4 | Cooking Time: 50 minutes
For the meatballs:
- 450g (1lb) lean minced porc
- 1 clove garlic, crushed
- ½green chilli, de-seeded and finely chopped
For the sauce:
- 1 onion, finely chopped
- ½ green chilli, de-seeded and finely chopped
- 15ml (1 tbsp) olive oil
- 400g can chopped tomatoes
- 150ml (¼ pt) porc stock
- 30ml (2 tbsp) sun-dried tomato paste
- pinch chilli powder
- 150g (5 oz) orzo pasta or mini sized pasta shapes
- grated Parmesan to serve
- Preheat oven to Gas 5/190ᵒC/375ᵒF.
- Place mince, garlic and chilli in a large bowl. Mix well together and shape into 15 balls.
- Heat the oil in a medium sized pan. Add the onion and chilli and lightly soften. Add remaining ingredients (except pasta and parmesan) and bring to the boil. Place balls into the bottom of a large gratin dish. Scatter with pasta. Pour over the sauce and carefully roll balls in the sauce to cover.
- Cover with foil and cook for about 40 minutes, until the pasta is tender.
- Serve scattered with grated Parmesan.
Download recipe card