Spicy Baked Pork Meatballs with Arrabiata Sauce & Orzo Pasta
Cooking time: Approximately 35 minutes
For the meatballs:
- 450g (1lb) Lean minced pork
- 1 Clove garlic, crushed
- 1/2 Green chilli, deseeded and finely chopped
For the Sauce:
- 1 Onion, finely chopped
- ½ Green chilli, deseeded and finely chopped
- 15ml (1tbsp) Olive oil
- 400g approx. Can chopped tomatoes
- 150ml (1/4pt) Pork stock
- 30ml (2tbsp) Sundried tomato paste
- Pinch chilli powder
- 150g (5oz) Orzo pasta or mini sized pasta shapes
- Grated parmesan to serve
- Preheat oven to Gas 5, 190ᵒC, 375ᵒF.
- Place mince, garlic and chilli in a large bowl. Mix well together and shape into 15 balls.
- Heat the oil in a medium sized pan. Add the onion and chilli and lightly soften. Add remaining ingredients (except pasta & parmesan) and bring to the boil. Place balls into the bottom of a family sized gratin dish. Scatter with pasta. Pour over the sauce and carefully roll balls in the sauce to cover.
- Cover with foil and cook for about 40 minutes, until the pasta is tender.
- Serve scattered with grated parmesan.
Download recipe card