Spicy Porc Burgers Topped with Cheesy Nachos
Serves: 4 | Cooking Time: 20 minutes
- 450g (1lb) lean porc mince
- 2 cloves garlic, crushed
- 1 green chilli, de-seeded and finely chopped
- 1 small red pepper, de-seeded and finely chopped
- 5ml (1 tsp) harissa paste
- black pepper
For the guacamole salsa:
- 30ml (2 tbsp) sweet chilli sauce
- ¼ small cucumber, roughly chopped
- 1 ripe avocado, peeled, stone removed and chopped
- 2 spring onions, finely sliced
- juice of ½ a lemon
- 1 tomato, roughly chopped
- handful tortilla chips
- grated Cheddar cheese
- sour cream
- iceberg lettuce
- Take the porc mince, garlic, chilli, pepper, harissa paste and seasoning and mix together in a large bowl.
- Next, divide the mixture into four even amounts and shape into four neat burgers.
- Now, place the burgers under a pre-heated grill and cook for about 12 – 14 minutes or until golden brown and cooked through.
- With the burgers cooking, take all of the ingredients for the guacamole salsa and mix them together in a bowl; once mixed, leave to stand.
- When the burgers have cooked, add two or three tortilla chips on top, add a little grated cheese and place under the grill until melted - this should only take a minute.
- Serve the burgers on wedges of iceberg lettuce with a large dollop of guacamole and sour cream.