Spicy pork burgers topped with cheesy nachos
Time – 15 mins
Serves – 4
- 450g (1lb) lean pork mince
- 2 cloves garlic, crushed
- 1 green chilli, deseeded and finely chopped
- 1 small red pepper, deseeded and finely chopped
- 5ml (1tsp) Harissa paste
- Black pepper
- 30ml (2tbsp) sweet chilli sauce
- ¼ small cucumber, roughly chopped
- 1 ripe avocado, peeled, stone removed and chopped
- 2 spring onions, finely sliced
- Juice of ½ a lemon
- 1 tomato, roughly chopped
- Handful tortilla chips
- Grated Cheddar cheese
- Sour cream
- Iceberg lettuce
How to cook
- Take the pork mince, garlic, chilli, pepper, harissa paste and seasoning, and mix together in a large bowl.
- Next, divide the mixture into four even amounts and shape into four neat burgers.
- Now, place the burgers under a pre-heated grill and cook for about 12 – 14 minutes or until golden brown and cooked through.
- With the burgers cooking, take all of the ingredients for the guacamole salsa and mix them together in a bowl – once mixed leave to stand.
- When the burgers have cooked, add two or three tortilla chips on top, add a little grated cheese and place under the grill until the cheese has melted, this should only take a minute.
- Serve the burgers on wedges of iceberg lettuce with a large dollop of guacamole and sour cream.